Waffen SS M43 Einheitsfeldmütze with
single button closure. This variation was worn by all units of the
Waffen SS concurrently with the standard 2-button pattern.
Cap body constructed of mid war quality field grey 100% wool fabric. Lining is brown colored heavy viscose (not poly), after some use it will be very similar to used original SS M43 as on photos. The side tapes are white toned gauze like tape, with original German WWII tan/brown button. The machine woven BeVo insignia Elsenau Militaria made - are zig zag sewn to the cap's front.
Pattern based on original, all details was copied.
High quality reproduction with all small details:
- White binding tape under the scallop seam.
- BeVo SS insignia are Elsenau Militaria made. - cant get them elsewhere.
- Pressed leather visor stiffener.
- Ear muff loops.
made"cut-before" type. This is because the cut-before machine will
first cut the buttonhole slit and eyelet, then stitch the buttonhole.
The stitching overcasts the
raw edges of the cut, preventing them from fraying.
- Custom dyed cotton thread, based on original.
- Original German tan button